THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS
The Last Shadow Puppets are Alex Turner (from Arctic Monkeys) and Miles Kane (from The Rascals). Firm friends ever since Arctic Monkeys toured with Kane's previous group, The Little Flames, the pair were so inspired by listening to the likes of Scott Walker, early Bowie and David Axelrod, that they hatched a plan. The result, The Age Of The Understatement, is an album of 12 full-blooded songs, bold and brassy, full of drama, wit and melody, that source the past but avoid falling into pastiche.
Both Miles and Alex are 22, and this is a youthful record, full of life and the sheer pleasure of music making. The Last Shadow Puppets recorded the songs at Black Box studios near Nantes, France in two weeks during the summer of 2007, with producer and drummer James Ford. The band then approached Owen Pallett to arrange and conduct the orchestration of the tracks, which were recorded by the 22 piece London Metropolitan Orchestra at British Grove studios in London over Christmas.
- The Last Shadow Puppets win Best Video at last night's NME Awards
- Vote Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, The Kills and The Last Shadow Puppets for MTV EMA
- View the Video for 'My Mistakes Were Made For You'
- Free Lightspeed Champion and Wild Beasts London Show vs. The Last Shadow Puppets and Mercury Awards
- The Last Shadow Puppets - New Single and Q Award nominations
- The Last Shadow Puppets with Alison of The Kills In Paris
- The Last Shadow Puppets wow the crowds at Leeds and Reading Festivals
- Last Shadow Puppets confirm show for Electric Proms at Liverpool
- The Last Shadow Puppets nominated for Mercury Music Prize
- Extra live dates for The Last Shadow Puppets
ON THE SITE
This artist shares a member with Arctic Monkeys.